Last Game You Played/How Was It

The best showgirls performing hourly.

Moderators: Alice, MT

Ghost
Octothorpe

Re: Last Game You Played/How Was It

Postby Ghost » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:30 am

I could get Dead Island if it was dead cheap. I still want to play New Vegas.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:14 pm

i have to finish new vegas. i think i was towards the end when i started on this crazy adventure.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:49 pm

I've been playing Rocksmith on average about 1 hour a day since I bought it last November. It's a vicious circle, the more I play, the better I get at playing guitar so the more I want to play it. It's such a rush to hear actual songs coming out of my fingertips.

Unless I quit my job, I can't see myself ever having the time or the inclination to play anything else.
Death to Videodrome. Long live the New Flesh.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:27 pm

Little Big Planet- lighthearted platforming. levels are not too long, not too short. a good challenge, but nothing frustrating.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:16 pm

I think that new Rayman game is supposed to offer some great platforming.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:08 pm

I'd stick with LBP.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:15 pm

You don't tell me! I'm not playing either one of them!
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:17 pm

MGS- Peacewalker (Xbox 360)
i was surprised by the conversion from handheld to console. nearly seamless. I picked up the original MGS HD pack for the PS3, but my PS3 died before i got to play this. I enjoyed the normal gameplay as much as i enjoyed the added mini games thingers like the newer Assassins Creed games have(building teams and sending on non-playable missions.) it seems like the multiplayer might even be fun on this, too.
KSC2-303
International Love

Postby KSC2-303 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:10 pm

I just wanted to state that from now on, any game that I play must have a definitive ending within 10-20 hours, no trophies, no interaction with a social network, no leader boards, and no online play whatsoever. Also, it must be played on either a console or arcade cabinet that features tactile buttons and have no absolutely no monthly fee or in-game purchases. In short, the next I play a game I just want it to be a game! Not a fucking part-time job.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:17 am

SING IT SISTER

My first thought on seeing the new WiiU; that looks too hard.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:28 am

I'll add that the controls have to be simple enough that if I don't play for a week I don't need to look them up again in order to play the game.

Honestly, I don't think I've played a "proper" game to its conclusion since Rocksmith came out. Wait, not true, I played through Uncharted 2, which was just as stupid and infuriating as the first game, but had the virtue of being easy to pick up and play for short amounts of time and finished rather quickly.

I played Diablo III a lot, but again, you don't need to invest a lot of hours (in a row) to enjoy that one.

Mostly, I've been playing Rocksmith since last November.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:45 pm

I played Zelda in January.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:19 pm

I wanted to play Zelda, but the requirement to purchase an expensive add-on stayed my hand.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:48 pm

Painkiller by Judas Priest on guitar. I can barely hit half the notes, but man is it ever fun! I've mastered Breaking The Law and I'm about 95% on Living After Midnight. Anyway, I never listened to this band before about a month, but on guitar they're a blast to play, and now I'm hooked. 9/10
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:35 am

I played Skyward Sword for a few hours this week and it's still as great as when I first picked it up. I'd still prefer a horse to a giant bird, but change is frightening to me.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:41 am

Is that why you've been wearing the same underoos for the last seventeen years?
They are all your hat.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:03 am

I'm also superstitious, okay? Jesus.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Oh, they're Mormon underwear?
They are all your hat.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:49 pm

Bioshock infinite.- more greatness. Good length. And game that cam draw me in deep enough to startle me at points is a winner.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:34 pm

I'm playing Saints Row IV. You play the President, Keith David plays himself as the Vice-President. You have superpowers and you're basically playing the Matrix. It's insane, over the top, and awesome.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:11 am

Kel played SRIV, and immediately after beating it started a new game on SR2.

I'm playing GTAV. Bought it for Kel, but ended up playing it. It's good. Much better than IV, but still not as good as San Andreas to me. There's really not much to say about it other than it's GTA.
They are all your hat.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:33 am

Alice wrote:Kel played SRIV, and immediately after beating it started a new game on SR2.

I'm playing GTAV. Bought it for Kel, but ended up playing it. It's good. Much better than IV, but still not as good as San Andreas to me. There's really not much to say about it other than it's GTA.

I keep getting blown away by the graphics, the AI of things like traffic circulation, and the random encounters. Every character in the game is still an insufferable asshole and the story is still meh. If GTAV was a movie, I'd turn it off about 10 minutes in. The shooting controls suck. Really, the only thing I like about it is the technical achievement. I spent about five minutes at the boardwalk just watching and listening to the ocean. I don't feel compelled to play it for long periods of time.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:52 am

Yeah. I've always been more interested in the details in the GTAs more than the story. I thought the shooting controls sucked too, until I figured out you can just auto target every damn thing. Shooting from vehicles is terrible though, since you can't just aim and shoot. You have to actually start shooting before the reticle even appears. Loved the bank robbery mission though.

That said, I think it's been four or five days since I've even thought about playing it. I just want to hurry and progress enough so I can do those five star police and military chases. That was always the funnest part for me. Just causing as much havoc and then seeing how long you could draw out the chases and survive. I don't think it's gonna be easy on this one though, since cops can waste you in seconds.
They are all your hat.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:33 am

Bioshock Infinite - This is the first "traditional" style game that I've played that had a story which felt completely original and compelling. Definitely the first FPS I've played where I kept playing just to see where the story was going. Filled with references that will just fly over the heads of almost anyone under 30, that seem completely random at first (and easy to miss) but are all tied into the narrative eventually in an immensely satisfying manner. The most artistically cohesive AAA game I've ever played. I loved every minute of it. 10/10
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:10 am

I'm not really into online multi player player vs player action. Tried it on tfc, half life, and counter strike. Tried it again briefly on halo 2. Didnt have the entertainment value to hold my attention. So I stopped Xbox live, never tried psn.

Playing those sorts of games on split screen was fun, because it was against people I know. Always wanted to play co-op on stuff like splinter cell or portal 2, but never really perused.

Then Destiny. I cant put my finger on what has me so engaged. The PvP stuff still bores me, but the co-op And leveling elements have me addicted. The story lacked, and it is repetitive as shite.

So what is it that keeps.me hooked? I want to.collect stuff that drops randomly, and then level them up. I like.being part of a team of six, that log on every night to do the sms thing we did the week before, or even.the.night before. Now that I've been playing for a few months now, I.collected almost everything I want, so I would think my interest Would slow. Nope, I'm just looking for other ways to play until the next dlc in a few months. Worth whatever I spent
GD
Cadillac of Men

Postby GD » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:34 am

I had a Warlock and Titan I played until just before the first DLC hit but it just got way to grindy for my liking. I was just just doing strikes until I maxed out my tokens for the week and hoping the vendor had something cool to play dress up with.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:12 pm

I enjoyed Fallout 4, not as much as 3. Stopped playing once I reached the Institute.
GD
Cadillac of Men

Postby GD » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:45 am

I've never played a single fallout game. Bought 3 years ago but never got around to it.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:22 am

Fallout 3 is great. I must have spent over 100 hours in that game.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Thu May 05, 2016 8:07 pm

Yeah, I hit a wall with fallout 4 once I was forced to make a decision that was needless. A few weeks later I rushed through the ending just to tie off a loose end. Zero interest in the expansions.

I'm on the division now mostly, but now it is a little grindy.

Return to “The Stage.”