Breakfast Bagels

Finger lickin' good.
J. Spiffyman
Serious Business

Breakfast Bagels

Postby J. Spiffyman » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:13 pm

I've realized the power of them. Plain old sandwiches just haven't been doing it for me lately, and then one day suddenly I realized, "What if I take all that stuff I was going to put onto two slices of bread, and put it onto a bagel instead?" Throw the thing into the microwave for about half a minute to melt the cheese, and it's just like those $3 bagels they've been trying to sell me at the cafe! I'm a big bagel lover, so this here is pretty much the realization of a dream.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:35 pm

I'm a big fan of bagel sandwiches too. There is a place here in Tallahassee called Bagel Heads that serves bagel sands with Boars Head meat and cheese.
J. Spiffyman
Serious Business

Postby J. Spiffyman » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:19 pm

I'd eat a Boar's Head bagel in an instant. With a name like that, you just know they're going whole hog!

Sadly, my dinner breakfast bagel failed me tonight; I expect the culprit was the mixed cheeses. Used some rather dry cheddar and swiss, and while both are nice, neither one really gives a very cheesy taste, especially not when mixed. Sort of tasted like gooey rubber with a little kick to it. I should probably stick with American.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:02 am

part of my dinner repertoire was once(and will get into circulation soon)

mulitgrain or onion bagel top
vegetable cream cheese
fresh baby spinach
bacon
roast beef
bottom of bagel

in that order.

Return to “The Kitchen”