The sequel no one was asking for.

Behind closed doors.

Moderator: Alice

J. Spiffyman
Serious Business

The sequel no one was asking for.

Postby J. Spiffyman » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:18 am

So as near as I can remember from the deranged dream voice inside my head, this dream was supposed to be a sequel to Wall-E, despite having absolutely nothing to do with the original film. In some not-so-distant future all of mankind's construction and industrial equipment are robotic vehicles that look exactly like they do now, expect they have robert faces and can drive themselves around. Supposedly there's some confusion among humans as to whether or not the have free will, which is made plain later on in the "movie" when the roberts secretly build a military base in the middle of the Nebraskan plains and start planning La Revolucion.

The stand-in for Wall-E is this cute little backhoe who's sad that he can't do a very good job at digging things. My character is this old balding engineer with a beard who is convinced that Wall-E the Backhoe is the key to solving everything. Whilst bringing him back to the lab, the robert takeover happens, and mankind is instantly oppressed (not obliterated though; supposedly these roberts don't harbor that much animosity).

Things get fuzzy from there. Suddenly I'm at a fairgrounds' midway run by construction-vehicle roberts who really don't want to be there and complain about their low wages. I remember that the honey-roasted peanuts tasted awful. In the end, Wall-E the Backhoe saves the world somehow, the secret military base is turned into a museum, and we all live happily ever after.

The saddest part about this dream is that the plot is probably better than about half the Wall-E fan fiction out there.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:03 am

KSC2-303
International Love

Re: The sequel no one was asking for.

Postby KSC2-303 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:07 pm

the plot is probably better than about half the Wall-E fan fiction out there.

That would imply there are at least two WALL-E fanfics out there. I'm gonna go ahead and say that's two too many.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:26 pm

Agreed.
J. Spiffyman
Serious Business

Postby J. Spiffyman » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:36 pm

The depravity of the Internet knows no bounds, and not even Wall-E is sacred to it. I distinctly remember this one guy at college yelling "Where's the robert sex?" and "Where's the fat people sex?" throughout the movie. I'm sure somewhere in the bowels of these dirty inner-tubes, those questions are answered.

Also, MT, that picture made my day.

Return to “After Hours.”