Southern China, UFO's, and Matriarchal Society

Behind closed doors.

Moderator: Alice

Felmat
Canadain

Southern China, UFO's, and Matriarchal Society

Postby Felmat » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:23 pm

I just had a really powerful dream the other night. If anybody sees a connection between these three things, let me know. I was supposed to understand it in the dream, but I guess I'm too stupid, or else it was all gibberish.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:20 pm

You would think that Southern China and a matriarchal society would clash violently.

Though I am a strong believer in dreams, I don't think they're all connected.
Felmat
Canadain

Postby Felmat » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:43 pm

I was in this huge bookstore that was partially a museum, and this old dude was giving this powerful presentation about Earth's history. He was in between a professor and a guru of some sort. Everyone was seated on sofas and comfortable chairs, and the room was filled with books and glass cases of strange artifacts. The only part I vividly remember is a slide or projection of some sort of a map of China with an arrow pointing to an area in the south of China, and he was saying something about "Anywhere you find evidence of the matriarchy, you'll find them," meaning UFO folk of some sort. It was all very strange.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:49 pm

I think the old man was saying that the odds of finding UFOs are about the same as finding a matriarchal society in Southern China, i.e. zero. Perhaps your subconscious mind wished to express its skepticism about the existence of extra-terrestrial life using a more poetic analogy than the old standard about the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, or the Easter Bunny.
Death to Videodrome. Long live the New Flesh.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:45 pm

I like the dream even better once Feltman fenced it in.
Felmat
Canadain

Postby Felmat » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:49 pm

My dreams lately have been incredibly vivid, but they don't make a whole lot of sense. This one about the bookstore was long and involved, and I think I might have actually been working at the bookstore itself, which was a huge, multilevel wood building built on a hill so that the parking lot was at ground level at the top of the hill, and lower floors went down the hill itself it that makes sense. The teacher dude looked a bit like Timothy Leary, and acted like him as well. The whole place had a huge sense of clutter to it. Bookshelves everywhere, and these glass cabinets filled with little Pre-Columbian sculptures, pottery shards, and other bits of stuff. I guess I wasn't really paying super close attention to the lecture in the dream, but it really stuck with me when I woke up, and the gist of it seemed to be that matriarchal organization was one of the tools that extraterrestrials had used to civilize early humans somewhere around five thousand years ago. Then Mrs. Felmat's cell fone alarm went off and woke me up. I hate having dreams interrupted, especially when they're as entertaining as this one.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:15 pm

I haven't had a really good, entertaining dream in a long while.
Felmat
Canadain

Postby Felmat » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:20 pm

Wanna borrow one of mine? There was a weird one where I was walking with two or three other people down into this sloping mine, really open with supporting rock pillars every twenty or thirty feet, sorta looked like a parking structure almost, very dark, and steeply dropping off into utter blackness so I couldn't really tell where we were going. All of a sudden, something down in the mine started exploding or violently igniting, and then the dude next to me let loose with this horrible warbling inhuman wail, reached down and grabbed me by my lower legs, and started spinning around like some superhuman wrestler swinging me in big circles like he was going to toss me down into the mysterious conflagration. Thankfully, I woke up right before he let go of me to hurl me to my doom.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:52 pm

good thing you woke up. i heard that if you let those things play out your heart could explode. or bladder, i forget.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:10 pm

Bowels. Can't you see the symbolism?
Felmat
Canadain

Postby Felmat » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:35 am

That might explain why my bed was all soaked in piss, shite, and blood.
hijk295

Knowledge is power

Postby hijk295 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:05 am

Knowledge is power
Oread
Cupcake

Postby Oread » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:25 am

awesome

Return to “After Hours.”