Nine Inch Nails obsession.

The best showgirls performing hourly.

Moderators: Alice, MT

exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:44 pm

eBay?
Death to Videodrome. Long live the New Flesh.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:28 pm

Yup.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:27 pm

UK Capital G 9" vinyl.

exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:02 pm

Well then!
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:30 pm

The Downward Spiral DualDisc (extra to remain sealed), March of the Pigs Pt. 2 (UK BIEM/STEMRA release), The Fragile (extra BMG edition to remain sealed), [With_Teeth] DualDisc (BMG edition), The Crow Soundtrack and Tomb Raider Soundtrack.

Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:04 pm

The Downward Spiral, Further Down The Spiral, And All That Could Have Been, [With_Teeth] x2. All BMG editions. The TDS varies slightly from known varitions, and I'm currently conferring with other collectors to see if they have anything similar.

Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:49 pm

I guess I could throw this in here since it has the Alternate Version of Past The Mission on it.

Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:51 am

First page amended with updated pics.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:01 pm

Pretty Hate Machine (Argentinian release) and Closer to God (US re-release).

The CTG is a duplicate. The PHM has a unique spelling error that no other version has. In the credits on the back Trent Reznor's last name is misspelled 'Rezbor.'

exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:10 am

Holy Jebus!
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:59 pm

Maybe Just Once 7" #364, Crunch-O-Matic: Caution 12"(promo).

Maybe Just once is obviously unofficial. Basically, someone took the Purest Feeling demo bootleg, took the two songs that didn't make it to PHM and pressed them to 500 7" vinyls as a sort of single. I'm not big on unofficial items, but it was only seven bucks and bootlegged vinyl is not very common.

This is the single for COMs album Caution: Do Not Play. It's very vague in crediting Trent with 'additional data' (for which he is also credited on the full album). I imagine additional data entails some sort of sound fonts for the keyboards. There's a bit of percussion on Caution that seems a little Down In It-esqe.

If you're wondering what they sound like (it's a duo), have you ever watched a movie from the late 80s/early 90s where there's a scene where the characters visit a tech club/bar? You know that generic tech music playing in the background? That's exactly what this is. It's not bad, but it's completely forgettable.

Also, while digging through a box from the closet I found the following: Marilyn Manson - Smells Like Children (BMG edition), Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar (BMG edition) and Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar (CRC edition). All include production and various other small jobs by Reznor. Don't feel like taking pictures though.

I also found Manson's Remix & Repent. There's an acoustic version of Man That You Fear on it, and while Trent played the piano on the original version he's not credited here, so I'm not sure if he was involved with this release at all. He's not given production credits either, so for the time being this one's staying in the non-NIN related pile.
They are all your hat.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:02 pm

that keytar is rad!
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:18 am

Year Zero (US release). Also got the Pretty Hate Machine (UK first pressing) a couple weeks ago and the FLAC files for Saul Williams - The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of NiggyTardust! last week.

Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Mon May 12, 2008 2:32 am

Alice wrote:First page amended with updated pics.

Again. And just like I thought I would, I forgot something, and I'm too lazy to take everything back out to take a picture of it. I'll get it on the next update I guess.
They are all your hat.
Metroid
Conqueror of Shamballa

Postby Metroid » Mon May 12, 2008 7:39 am

So sexy.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:30 pm

Updated. No Social Network stuff has arrived yet.
They are all your hat.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:37 am

After winning a Golden Globe, TR is now up for an Oscar!
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:39 pm

It was a relief to see Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross' Social Network score bringing some cool to the Original Score nominees for this year's Oscars.

The Academy may have dropped the ball when it came to their snub of Daft Punk's work on TRON: Legacy, but thankfully The Social Network's score has been rightfully nommed.

Reznor reacted to the news by describing it as "Completely surreal" to The Hollywood Reporter.

The Nine Inch Nails frontman added: "It was panic this morning because somehow my internet and TV had a complete media blackout at the crucial moment, but it turned out all was well in the end."

Not ashamed to enjoy the moment Reznor added: "I'm just very proud to be involved with a film of this caliber and working with these people. We got so close to this film – I've seen it hundreds of times and I still really love it."

"I didn't realize it would resonate with people as much as it has. It's been amazing and flattering to see what's happened."

He was surprised that his and Ross' unconventional score got Academy recognition: "When we did this film, the concept of an Academy Award was not even in my sphere of imagination."

"Atticus and I generated a bulk of music to send to David Fincher and we felt that 50 percent of it was too much because this isn't a movie about the end of the world – it's about nerds in rooms and betrayal and internal emotion."

"But we were surprised by what David responded to; we realized that he was willing to take chances and let the music play a pivotal role in the picture. When it was all finished I felt like we contributed a lot. It's not a traditional score, and I'm proud of that."

When THR asked Reznor if he be interested in tackling a more traditional score at some point, he replied: "Absolutely... I'm interested in the discipline and I'm interested in the challenge of working in the more traditional sense."

"I look at working with [a traditional orchestra] as something I haven't done yet and I've always been intrigued by it. I would be up for that challenge."

Reznor and Ross are working with David Fincher again to score the director's re-do of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and we can't wait to hear the results.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:50 pm

Now he'll forever be referred to as "Academy Award Winner Trent Reznor."
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:57 am

He'll always be "Grammy Award Winner Trent Reznor" to me.
They are all your hat.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:57 am

As long as he isn't "Teen Choice Award Winner" Trent Reznor, we all win.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:33 am

MTV has some shite coming up called The Woodies or Woody's or some garbage. You probably don't want him winning that one either.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:04 am

Trent Reznor is currently in talks to take a role in Timur Bekmambetov's Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, as well as supplying the movie's score.

The Nine Inch Nails frontman has recently become one of the hottest musical properties in Hollywood, following his score for The Social Network (with Atticus Ross), that saw him pick up an Oscar last weekend.

Bekmambetov's historical fantasy is shaping up to be bags of fun, and sounding like it could just live up to its awesome title.

Reznor is in negotiations to play Jack Barts, a vampire who kills Abraham Lincoln's mother, giving the hero an incentive to start stocking up on stakes and garlic.

It's not yet clear if his role will be more major villain or fun cameo.

Benjamin Walker is playing Abe, and Mary Elizabeth Winstead is Mary Todd, his first lady.

The Tim Burton-produced movie, based on Seth Grahame-Smith's novel, is set for a summer 2012 release.

Reznor and Ross will also be providing the music for David Fincher's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:54 pm

I remember him bitching about music videos, because he didn't like "playing characters" in them. Seems odd he'd want to be in a movie. I saw the book a while ago, and almost bought it. Guess I'll check it out now.
They are all your hat.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:14 am

last night i had a dream that he(TR) called me, and for some reason he was already programed into my fone. we were going over some sort of business proposition.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:26 pm

Alice wrote:I remember him bitching about music videos, because he didn't like "playing characters" in them. Seems odd he'd want to be in a movie. I saw the book a while ago, and almost bought it. Guess I'll check it out now.

Well he's now out of the project, so you can stop worryinG!
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:12 pm

Capital G.
They are all your hat.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:31 pm

Watched The Social Network last night and that score was right on.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:36 pm

I looked for some European versions of NIN stuff in Prague, but I couldn't find anything that looked like you didn't already have.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:11 am

Thanks. I wouldn't have even thought to axe you to look. I still need to pick up the PHM remaster CD and vinyl, and the HTDA vinyl. I'm behind.
They are all your hat.

Return to “The Stage.”