Official The Dark Knight Rises Thread. (+ Superman!)

The best showgirls performing hourly.

Moderators: Alice, MT

Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:10 am

Thank goodness. Give the man some time to get Dark Knight out of his system completely so that he can start fresh.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:31 am

I was really looking forward to Cher as the Catwoman! :dog:
Death to Videodrome. Long live the New Flesh.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:40 am

So were all the queens.
KSC2-303
International Love

Postby KSC2-303 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:49 am

Now that I have TDK on dvd I have to say I really, really enjoyed it. I only got to see it once in theaters. The days of seeing movies multiple times are long gone.

Anyway, whenever I see something that's hyped up in my mind for months before only once, I never really get into it. You just don't get the chance to experience all the fine details I suppose. As a matter of fact I was gonna make a thread saying how the Burton Batman films are far superior to these Nolan ones as I just wasn't feeling it. Now that I've had a chance to really get in there, I see the beauty of it. That Ledger really did a hell of job. When Gamble calls him crazy and he replies under his breath, "I'm not. No, I'm not." and his final speech to Bats ending with "Madness is like gravity. All it needs is a little push." gave me the chills a little bit.

I'm still not the biggest fan of BB as I don't think all that training bullshit and origin nonsense was needed, again. In that respect I like how Burton just got right down to it. A little snippet of the parents getting killed were all that was needed imo. Also, Katies Holmes and the whole Scarecrow character sucked.

Just sayin.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:25 am

I've seen TDK about 20 times now. They had it on the in-flight TVs when I went to Brazil. I must've seen it 18 times during those 20 hours of flight time (with no sound because I had something else on my screen).
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:49 pm

I need to watch it every day.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:01 pm

Bale's audio clip is hilarious.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:36 pm

I like him more now, and I hope he was waiting by that guy's car dressed as Batman after work.
They are all your hat.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:27 pm

Whats this now? I saw a brief flash of it on the news in the lobby at work.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:49 pm

He goes off on the director of photography like somebody just killed his dog and sexually assaulted the still warm corpse, and then ate it. I think he may be bi-polar.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:09 pm

They are all your hat.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:15 am

that is silly.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:42 am

I can understand the string of profanities, but to go on about for almost 4 minutes about it, and then to physically threaten the guy to the point where it sounds like he's being restrained, to me just seems completely insane. Hilarious, yes, but still insane.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:43 am

Of course, now Harsh Times makes so much more sense. What seemed on the surface to be ridiculous overacting was just his every day personality.
Spliff
Swell

Postby Spliff » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:08 pm

If you are working in a very intense scene and someone takes you out of your groove...It was the most emotional scene in the movie," said Franklin. "And for him to get stopped in the middle of it. He is very intensely involved in his character. He didn't walk around like that all day long. It was just a moment and it passed.
"This was my second movie with Christian, and it has always been a good experience with him," added Franklin, who also worked with the actor on 2000's Shaft. "He is so dedicated to the craft. I think someone is begging to make some noise about this, but I don't think it's fair. The art of acting is not paint by numbers, it's an art form.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:14 pm

I'm not gonna argue it on this board. I just argued about RE5 yesterday.
They are all your hat.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:00 pm

Spliff wrote:If you are working in a very intense scene and someone takes you out of your groove...It was the most emotional scene in the movie," said Franklin. "And for him to get stopped in the middle of it. He is very intensely involved in his character. He didn't walk around like that all day long. It was just a moment and it passed.
"This was my second movie with Christian, and it has always been a good experience with him," added Franklin, who also worked with the actor on 2000's Shaft. "He is so dedicated to the craft. I think someone is begging to make some noise about this, but I don't think it's fair. The art of acting is not paint by numbers, it's an art form.

Who the fuck is Franklin and what the fuck is he doing in this thread??? I'll fucking kick his fucking ass!!!

Anyway, I read your quote in some article yesterday and thought it was pretty hilarious. I mean come on, he was acting in "Terminator: Salvation" as directed by McG. How emtionally invested could he really have been? I think Bale needs a reality-check from someone with regards to his acting skills. Not saying they're bad, just that they're nowhere near as high as what he seems to believe. Of course, if he'd been in a good movie to begin with there probably wouldn't have been a DP walking through the scene.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:20 pm

McG, as in The OC McG?!?!? what shite!
KSC2-303
International Love

Postby KSC2-303 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:27 pm

OMFG...?
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:25 pm

MT wrote:McG, as in The OC McG?!?!? what shite!

I had to check that, but yes.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:32 pm

has he done anything else? that is the only thing i know him from.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:40 pm

Charles' Angels.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:42 pm

and why does he still have a job?
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:44 pm

McG or Franklin?
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:15 am

MT wrote:and why does he still have a job?

Why does Keanu Reeves still have a job? I don't know.
KSC2-303
International Love

Postby KSC2-303 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:16 am

Because he's the One.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:53 am

The Batman rumours just won't stop flowing. Despite there being no official announcement yet, the latest word on Batman 3 is that Chris Nolan plans to shoot it entirely in IMAX.

Yes, while Nolan himself is still playing coy about what he might be planning for the next film (though enough evidence has been building to suggest he'll get to it after Inception), Ain't It Cool has heard that he may be ready to commit to the IMAX format.

While chunks of The Dark Knight were shot in the format, the weight and clunky inconvenience of the cameras meant it was impractical to film the whole thing with them.

But thanks to advances in the tech, it may now be possible. Still, stick this one in the rumour drawer for now.

In more concrete news, some of the basic plot for Inception - which has apparently been floating around obscure websites since May - is now loose in the world.

To avoid spoilers, we won't print much, but if you're worried, look away now.

The basic premise finds Leo DiCaprio's CEO character being blackmailed by a rival over a piece of tech that can alter people's dreams and plant suggestions in their brains.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:07 am

REAL NEWS:

So, reports of Christopher Nolan’s involvement in the being-written Superman movie, rumoured to be titled Man Of Steel (yes, it’s still a rumour), were denied by DC Entertainment a few weeks back. But now Nolan himself has confirmed that go-to comic book geek David Goyer is currently writing the script based on a story idea cracked by the duo.

Nolan tells The LA Times that Goyer pitched him a few Superman movie ideas when they were stuck for where to take Batman 3.

Says he:

“It’s very exciting, we have a fantastic story. And we feel we can do it right. We know the milieu, if you will, we know the genre and how to get it done right…[it] is a way of approaching the story I’ve never seen before that makes it incredibly exciting.

“I wanted to get [producer and wife] Emma and I involved in shepherding the project right away and getting it to the studio and getting it going in an exciting way.

“We’re approaching it in a not dissimilar way [to the Batman films] in terms of trying to find an incredible story in a way that audiences can engage with it the way they engage with contemporary action films.”

Nolan wouldn’t confirm if he was tempted to take Superman on as a directing gig. But seeing as Richard Donner’s original film is what got him interested in Batman, we bet his palms are feeling a little itchy for the super-camera.

Meanwhile, brother Jonathan Nolan is “now doing hard work” on the Batman 3 script, working from a story idea broken by Chris and Goyer. And it looks like it’s a trilogy closer. Says Chris:

“The key thing that makes the third film a great possibility for us is that we want to finish our story. And in viewing it as the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story…

“I’m very excited about the end of the film, the conclusion, and what we’ve done with the characters. My brother has come up with some pretty exciting stuff. Unlike the comics, these thing don’t go on forever in film and viewing it as a story with an end is useful.

“Viewing it as an ending, that sets you very much on the right track about the appropriate conclusion and the essence of what tale we’re telling.

But even if Chris Nolan now has his fingers in two comic book franchise pies, don’t expect anything like a Bat/Supes crossover. “Each serves to the internal logic of the story,” he says. “They have nothing to do with each other.”
J. Spiffyman
Serious Business

Postby J. Spiffyman » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:17 am

I just became vaguely interested in this ever since I heard a rumor that Nicolas Cage was signed on to play Superman. But that's supposedly only related to a dead Tim Burton Superman back in 1999 or something.

Regardless, is it blasphemy to say that Cage would not make a completely horrible Superman? I mean, he could probably do pretty good with a whiny & socially awkward Clark Kent, and how hard is it to act like a stoic Superman anyways?
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:26 am

I'd only see Cage in a Superman movie if it was some sort of post-modern surrealist art film.

Return to “The Stage.”