Last Game You Played/How Was It

The best showgirls performing hourly.

Moderators: Alice, MT

Ghost
Octothorpe

Re: Last Game You Played/How Was It

Postby Ghost » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:52 pm

Same. It's everything except fighting that I have trouble with.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:26 pm

Oh I see what you mean. Yeah, games are like that now. If you go a while without playing them you have to spend 1-2 hours relearning the controls.
Death to Videodrome. Long live the New Flesh.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:06 pm

I was pounding the buttons and yelling about which one was circle.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:12 pm

You wouldn't have that issue if you were using Kinect. :banana:
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:27 am

Apparently there's some single-player DLC for the new Bat-game, so I think I'll just wait for the inevitable GOTY edition.
Spliff
Swell

Postby Spliff » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:38 pm

If you're referring to the Catwoman stuff, that comes with the disc and you have to buy it if you get the game used.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:12 am

No, the developers have hinted at single-player DLC that isn't on the disc.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1107810/ba ... n_dlc.html
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:25 pm

Portal 2(pc)
a great mix of puzzles and story. more so dialog than story. all 3 voice overs were executed perfectly. now i just need someone to play co-op with me. i don't think i'd like co-op with a stranger b/c i would get frustrated with them getting frustrated at me. i'm not positive, but i think PCs can play against PS3ers.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:15 am

Some of the game-y stuff in Arkham City was pissing me off when I played it last. Getting eaten by a shark INSIDE A BUILDING makes perfect sense. Having to find Mr. Freeze to tell you how to shut down his freeze gun? Why? Throw a batarang at it and call it a day! Fuck.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:47 pm

FORGET IT BATMAN CAN PUNCH THAT SHARK IN THE FACE
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:55 pm

Rocksmith - I don't know if it will teach you how to play guitar, but if you have the basics, it will definitely teach you some songs and turn practicing into a fun experience. So far I'm loving it! It's extremely rewarding to have a song end (that I'd never heard before) in the game and being able to continue playing it without having the notes scrolling down the screen. The in-game effects and amps are really cool too. You can play around with them on your own, and it's pretty fantastic to turn on an effect used by the Stones and have your own playing sound just like the recorded version. Really impressed. A must-buy for people who picked up guitar on a whim but never went anywhere with it. 9/10
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:56 pm

Duke Nukem Forever- stupid, and a chore of sorts. i picked up a 360 controller to see if that would make it any more fun to just sit back and play, not huddled over my laptop. so far not really. the graphics suck, and the gameplay is not extremely challenging. i'm playing at a medium level, and cranking that up a notch won't really effect anything. i'm still going to play it out.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:13 am

I would like to play Zelda and Assassins Creed. Maybe Skyrim. I don't know when it would be, though. I haven't had a chance to play Arkham City in two weeks. I had some time last night and I sat down to play it but I watched Star Wars instead.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:48 am

I went out on Sunday to buy Zelda, but apparently all copies of the game that included the Wiimote (w/ WiiMotionPlus) were reserved for customers who pre-ordered the game. This special edition was $69.99. Buying the game + a WiiMotionPlusWiiMote would have been $49.99 + $59.99 or (+ $24.99 if only getting the WiiMotionPlusAdapter). I figured, in either case, I'm getting fucked by Nintendo. So I decided to buy Rocksmith instead, and now the time I'm spending playing a game will actually yield something useful.

All previous AC games have dropped to $30 within 6 months so I can wait. All other new-releases I want to play will be re-released in less than a year with all the DLC on disc and for 40% cheaper, so I can wait there too.

Zelda was my first purchase choice because Nintendo games usually take 3-4 years to drop in price, if not more, but the fuck-a-doodle-fuckery over the special edition made me reconsider my choice. The limited edition should have been the main edition, as I'm sure most Wii owners don't have any iteration of WiiMotionPlus.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:42 pm

I certainly don't! Fuck! Good thing I've got that credit at the game store.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:12 pm

My cousin's staying with me while I'm home, and he bought Saints Row 3, so I've been playing it co-op with Kel. Burt Reynolds is in the game.
They are all your hat.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:58 pm

That's another game I'd like to play. It just looks like fun. Plain and simple.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:10 pm

It's fun, but it's short as hell. I know Kel has been playing it almost every day non-stop since it came out, but she's literally almost 100% completed it (game stats AND trophies). The story itself I think she beat in a day and a half.

The co-op is fun though. You can play the whole campaign together along with side quests and stuff, and it's one of the few co-op games with true drop-in, drop-out gameplay.
They are all your hat.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:17 am

Alice wrote:It's fun, but it's short as hell. I know Kel has been playing it almost every day non-stop since it came out, but she's literally almost 100% completed it (game stats AND trophies). The story itself I think she beat in a day and a half.

OMG @ OCCUPY YOUR HOUSE #Freetimeletmehassome
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:39 am

Kel essentially has unlimited free time. I work, and she gets a small pension check because of her back. So basically all she has to do is clean house, which takes no time at all since the house it tiny. Then she has about 23 hours a day to kill.
They are all your hat.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:01 am

Orta hire out a nigra.

Never mind, she'd still have to waste time keeping an eye on him to make sure he doesn't swipe anything. Forget it.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:22 am

My finger tips are so sore from playing Rocksmith that I can barely type with my left hand.

I'm disappointed that Alice has been in Australia all this time and not one picture of a Kangaroo or Wallaby.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:26 am

Probably got some kind of super manly rough hewn fence out back he keeps them wrangled up in.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:50 am

Played Batman for a long stretch today. The boss fights are still disappointingly easy, but that's pretty much my only complaint.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:53 am

I hate boss fights as they always feel like a tacked-on, tired, old video game clichés. So the easier, the better.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:52 am

Batman- Arkham City(PC):
i'm using my 360 controller, and an hdmi to my tv. runs like a charm. beautiful game. the beat em up parts are my least favourite parts, but maybe once i unlock some combos they will be a little more fun. i enjoy the sneaking and the detective bits.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:44 pm

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - You either already like this by now or you don't. That's really pretty much it. I could do without the Wii-mote controls, but there was no getting around those. :link:
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:46 am

The game tells you to anticipate openings and strike in that direction. IN THEORY this creates a tense back and forth of blocking and dodging and looking for openings. IN PRACTICE flailing the remote in rapid sweeping motions has so far killed everything.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:08 pm

MGS HD Pack-

I've only played the first scene on the tanker mission(mgs2), but it seems that everyone was upgraded to HD except for Snake. at least in the cut scenes. it might an improvement from the original, but it seems everyone else has been upgraded up to par of the current games. Not really a complaint b/c i would be happy playing the original version.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:26 am

Skyrim: Great. I was a bit hesitant after Oblivion. Oblivion was a huge downgrade from Morrowind. Like San Andreas to GTA4 type downgrade. Skyrim is this gen's Morrowind.

New Vegas: Played about 20 mins, but it seems like they made plenty of really good improvements to an already great game.

Infinity Blade: Good.

Infinity Blade II: Good as well. I like the new GUI and addition of new weapons and stuff, but the combat seemed a lot more polished in the original.

Batman Arkham City Lockdown: I guess it could get good better after a while I just haven't been able to really get into it yet with IB and IBII on the fone.

Watched my cousin play a bit of Batman: Arkham City and Dead Island, and both look pretty good.
They are all your hat.

Return to “The Stage.”