Fuck Australia

Sit down. Have a drink or get out.

Moderators: Alice, MT

Alice
Downtown Julianne

Fuck Australia

Postby Alice » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:22 am

Really? Two minutes? Kel's crad was used as a payment option on Ticketek. Ticket pick-up at the venue said I have to show the debit crad and ID. Kel would have to have been there, and she can't make it. Added my crad as payment, go back to select another GA ticket, and apparently everything sold out in less than a minute. What, were there like five tickets?
They are all your hat.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Re: Fuck Australia

Postby Alice » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:11 am

Apparently they didn't sell out that quick. Shitty checkout system had tickets stuck in carts that people couldn't access. Mine included. Apparently, while everyone was trying to grab tickets the site ejected them all from the carts, and the people that were on the site at 2:00pm on the dot lost their GA tickets from their baskets. Mine included. Finally managed to get a shitty seat by hitting "next" over and over. Got the nice fan club ticket, but I'm still going into GA. I've been in GA several times, and I've never seen anyone checking tickets. And my shitty seat ticket cost the same as a GA ticket anyway.
They are all your hat.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:59 pm

In Montreal, they had bracelets for people with GA tickets. To be honest, I enjoyed the show more from my seats (not that I was sitting). The seats I got were at a perfect height and angle from the stage.
Death to Videodrome. Long live the New Flesh.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:09 am

Yeah, I've been to plenty of seat shows and plenty of GA shows. I'm fine with either one, but my seat is off to the side. From what I've seen, it looks like the light show is best viewed dead center from a bit of a distance. My plan was to stand a bit back beside the soundboard. Either way, I'm fine with sitting to the side.

The whole debacle was the pre-sale was for nin.com members, and you had to have had an account prior to the day of. But apparently people were able to get to the pre-sale without going through a nin.com account, so basically the nin.com fan pre-sale ended up being a public pre-sale, so the 500-1000 tickets per show were swiped from nin.com fans by the general public.
They are all your hat.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:12 am

Oh yeah, that sucks.

As for the sitting to the side, it depends on which side I guess. I was on the Finch and backup singers side. The lighting/video effects were "random" enough to be enjoyed from the side, not like the With Teeth tour where sitting on the side you apparently couldn't see clearly when the screen was in front of the stage.
Death to Videodrome. Long live the New Flesh.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:33 am

I'll be on the Finch side as well.
They are all your hat.

Return to “The Bar.”