ever hear a bat scream?

Sit down. Have a drink or get out.

Moderators: Alice, MT

MT
fancy

ever hear a bat scream?

Postby MT » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:23 pm

Last night my girlfriend, tori, wakes me up at 4am because she hears an odd sound. After a few seconds of adjusting to lucidity, I realized it was a bat flying circles in my bedroom. I threw the covers over tori's head because I know she will freak out. Turn on the light, and grab a bedsheet from a laundry basket. I try t net it, and it finally landed in a window cubby. I walled off the window with the sheet and it started to scream. That put me off a little, so I had tori run and get some gardening gloves, the then cowarded in the other room. I tried to grab it with the gloved hand, but it bit me. Sharp tiny teeth pierced the glove no problem, but luckily did not break any skin. From there he hopped onto the floor. I threw the sheet on him, but he jumped out into the middle of the floor, flattened and wings spread. He was an impressive size. 8_10 inches tip to tip. This time I got a good cover on him with the sheet, grabbed him, and he started screaming again. Carried him outside and gently unwrapped him to let him fly away, which he did. He looped back, for a reason I like to think as a thank you gesture.

How he got in is a mystery. The room was shut, a screened window was cracked. Bats can squeeze into the tiniest of places, so it could have been from anywhere. Three days ago I got a new roof on the house, so he may have been trapped in, and it took a couple days to find freedom.

Every little noise woke me up for the rest of the night once we finally fell back asleep, and one dream featured my bat friend.

I miss him.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Re: ever hear a bat scream?

Postby exolstice » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:31 pm

I think I would have had a heart attack, possibly Laura as well. She freaked out pretty bad last winter when a mouse got into our kitchen.
Death to Videodrome. Long live the New Flesh.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Re: ever hear a bat scream?

Postby Alice » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:26 am

Bats actually fly around in broad daylight in the cities here.
They are all your hat.

Return to “The Bar.”