PLEASE TELL ME MORE ABOUT THAT CAT

Sit down. Have a drink or get out.

Moderators: Alice, MT

Alice
Downtown Julianne

PLEASE TELL ME MORE ABOUT THAT CAT

Postby Alice » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:38 am

His name is Murphy, named after RoboCop. He's one and three quarters years old. He still has all nine of his lives. He's a clumsy dork. He's losing his winter coat and starting to look like he's in shape again. He hangs out with a local deserted grey cat during the day, because the grey cat is pretty fucking dumb, and I think it makes him feel better about himself. Grey cat is more agile than Murphy, but he's also dumb as fuck, so I think Murphy takes some solace in the fact that at least he's not as dumb as grey cat.

Murphy likes me more than Kel, even though Kel is the one that bought him from the animal shelter when he was a kitten. He's killed sixteen mice that we know of. He tries to catch birds (even the ones that are bigger than him), but he can't, because we put a bell on his neck to cancel out his stealth attempts, because he's actually managed to catch a couple before. He constantly gets dive-bombed by Magpies, so he's a bit paranoid when he's outside. We leave the doors unlatched so he can easily come and go as he pleases during the day. He can open doors by himself. He gets locked in at night, because he gets up to no good at night, and usually gets into fights that he can't win.

He's litter trained, but hates the litter box, so he holds it all night until daybreak, and hops up on the bed and gives me a few paw taps on the face to tell me he needs to go out.

He snores. Sometimes when he's sleeping he'll start twitching violently. I assume he's having nightmares about the time Boddicker killed him.

He very rarely meows, but when he does it's usually to get your attention, and he's usually good at letting you know exactly what he's meowing for (need more food in bowl, need to go outside, hey, the wind blew the door shut I need you to open it etc.)

He doesn't like playing with toys unless the toy is a stick. He loves boxes, but only until their newness has worn off. He's smart enough to know what he is and isn't allowed to do, but sometimes he does stuff he isn't supposed to do in hopes that we will tell him to get out of the house. This usually happens at night because he wants to go out. As punishment, we lock him in the laundry room. After thirty minutes or we open the door and he's allowed out if he wants, but sometimes he just gets frustrated and goes to sleep on the dirty clothes.

He generally prefers cat food and water, but every now and then he enjoys a bottlecap of Yakult. He likes human food (particularly chicken), but if he eats too much it gives him a stomach ache (aka he gets gas, and general unpleasantness for everyone involved follows).

His favourite spots to sleep are Kel's computer chair, his cat tree, the dirty clothes in the laundry room and our bed.

I resized a lot of these photos in photobucket. Some of them aren't sizing properly, even though they're showing as sized properly on photobucket. Just right click on the ones that don't work and open them in a new window.

They are all your hat.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Re: PLEASE TELL ME MORE ABOUT THAT CAT

Postby exolstice » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:11 am

He's adorable and has a great little story to him.
Death to Videodrome. Long live the New Flesh.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:14 pm

This was excellent! He's great!
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:24 pm

i like the yellow bits on his face.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:30 am

I like the handsome.
nakea45
Big Pimpin'

Postby nakea45 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:57 am

He's beautiful, i love the wisps of hair he has coming out of his ears, just like a lynx :D and i love the pics with his tongue hanging out :D

Return to “The Bar.”