Blackest Night

Sit down. Have a drink or get out.

Moderators: Alice, MT

exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Blackest Night

Postby exolstice » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:01 am

Borrowed this from the library because I thought it was critically acclaimed. What incomprehensible twaddle. I'm having serious trouble getting through it. If this is what's considered a high watermark for DC comics these days it's no wonder they can't get a decent film made outside of the Batman franchise.
Death to Videodrome. Long live the New Flesh.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Re: Blackest Night

Postby Ghost » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:25 pm

It made me quit reading comics! Seriously. That issue where someone kills maybe Hawkman with a mace or something? Haven't bought a comic since.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:17 am

Okay, so it's not just me. This is why I wait for TPB and borrow them from the library.

I tend to buy less mainstream stuff. If you ever get a chance, read this, it's awesome:

I also really enjoyed this:

Death to Videodrome. Long live the New Flesh.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:48 am

I skipped Blackest Night, because I assumed it was exactly what it was. A zombie cash in. The Lantern comics didn't erase all of that with the recent reboot, but at least they're back on track.

Dark Horse has always put out some good "indy style" comics as well as some movie licensed stuff, and they were my favourite published in the 90s. They were a nice break from all of the edgy, spiked anti-heroes and flagship character "status quo changer" stories that were happening then.
They are all your hat.

Return to “The Bar.”