I Hate College

Sit down. Have a drink or get out.

Moderators: Alice, MT

Ghost
Octothorpe

I Hate College

Postby Ghost » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:10 pm

I'm not real sure of the age gap in my classes, but I think it's pretty severe. And I don't even know if it's the age thing or just a total lack of life experience or living in a vacuum or what on the part of these morons.

SOME EXAMPLES:

1) A girl today asked if Asimov's Laws of robertics applied to all roberts. The teacher (who is just a couple years older than me) was puzzled, so she further clarified by asking if these laws apply to TRANSFORMERS because she's obsessed with the movie. I THINK SHE ALSO MEANT REAL roberts AND THOUGHT THESE WERE REAL LAWS

2) I heard a back and forth between two guys yesterday and they must have both said how "shitfaced" they'd been recently about 400 times. This was between trading tips on playing bass.

3) About half of my class didn't know The Onion was a fake newspaper after reading an article about how a Roomba was breaking all of Asimov's laws.

4) The "I have my own ideas!" idiots trying to argue about religion being bogus when it doesn't apply in any form to the discussion at hand.

5) Some genius that I got lumped in a group project with who is, I'm pretty sure, the single smartest man in the world. Seriously. He argued with the professor about how he didn't see the worth in an exercise we did. Really? Then get the fuck out of the class. Maybe you should wear more Ecko hats turned sideways. TAKE OFF YOUR FUCKING HAT INDOORS

6) After reading an allegorical play where a ship was a woman, and we read the ship's measurements, something like 34-28-36, some waif sorority slut thought that, "THOSE ARE REALLY BIG MEASUREMENTS" was something she needed to blurt out of her whoremouth real loud.

7) "If you see someone committing a felony you can shoot them and not get arrested."

I want to punch to death everyone in my class every class I attend.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:14 pm

i think robertics is my favourite.

you seem to be enrolled in some heavy ass classes.
Oread
Cupcake

Postby Oread » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:21 pm

I got a good laugh at number 3.

Hopefully, you'll at least get something out of the class.
J. Spiffyman
Serious Business

Postby J. Spiffyman » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:06 am

Advantage of an engineering degree: I am exempt from the vocalized stupidity of most people in my classes.
Disadvantage: I have nothing interesting to post on Beards & Monocles.

1) Asimov's own roberts constantly broke the three laws in new and interesting ways. Transformers are real and are all around us, but they don't follow the three laws because they believe in the Transformer God and Asimov was an atheist.
2) Didn't know shitfaced was so popular off the internet; up here the folks usually opt for "wasted".
3) Roombas are awesome and those that mistreat them deserve what's coming to them.
4) Yes, wiseguy jerk, you have your own ideas; just like everyone else.
5) Nobody cares about hats at this college, and yet I still feel really bad when I wear one in class. I mean, it's not like it's keeping the sun out of my eyes.
6) Not terribly big, considering 36-24-36 is the supposedly "perfect" hourglass figure; also one which is basically impossible to attain for most women. I enjoy your use of the word waif in that sentence.
7) If I see someone shoot someone committing a felony, can I shoot them and not get arrested?
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:58 am

I laughed out loud at number three. Sorry. I lol@3.
Death to Videodrome. Long live the New Flesh.
BluePhirePB
...like a thief in the night!

Postby BluePhirePB » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:39 am

Oh man, I would want to punch the rubbish outta these kids too.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:42 am

I wouldn't be able to keep myself from walking out of those classes.
They are all your hat.
exolstice
Commander-In-Chimp

Postby exolstice » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:42 am

You know you're old when, you walk by a university and think to yourself: damn kids.
Death to Videodrome. Long live the New Flesh.
Alice
Downtown Julianne

Postby Alice » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:50 am

Yeah, I thought that, but I don't hate just kids, so I guess I'm old and filled with hatred.
They are all your hat.
J. Spiffyman
Serious Business

Postby J. Spiffyman » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:27 pm

exolstice wrote:You know you're old when, you walk by a university and think to yourself: damn kids.

I am one of the kids and I've been thinking that for years.
BluePhirePB

Postby BluePhirePB » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:44 am

When I was still in university, I was in a manufacturing class during 2nd year of engineering and the prof asked what the hardest material on Earth was. Most people said diamond but then this guy named Dan (who's prone to asking dumb shite pointless questions) says:

"What about dark matter?"

I coined the name Dark Matter Dan for him and that name stuck for the rest of the faculty.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:05 am

The best/worst response was when I was at a community college in a Western civ class. We were discussing some battle from the Bible where God supposedly made it night so one side could win or escape or something. I don't really remember all the specifics, but I do remember this guy named Daniel, who seems a lot like your Dan, raised his hand and offered that maybe the story was true because it could have been daylight savings time.
BluePhirePB

Postby BluePhirePB » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:58 pm

Jeeez, that sounds like a total DMD response.
J. Spiffyman
Serious Business

Postby J. Spiffyman » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:50 pm

Makes me wish I remembered some of the better gems from "Philosophy of Science". I know for a fact that more than one class we spent the entire hour and a half arguing semantics over ambiguous topics that were only ambiguous because the author decided to redefine common science fiction terms to suit his own foul purposes.

There was also an exam question that the professor had gotten wrong for years because she'd missed a pair of sentences towards the end of the book. That class was the first time anyone had caught it and called her out on it.
greengooey

Postby greengooey » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:03 pm

maybe it's the major/course. i'd never had that many morons in a class.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:42 pm

well lah dee fucking dah!
N_Dragon_Art
Skrull

Postby N_Dragon_Art » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:06 am

I deal with a lot of arrogant fools in my engineering classes... They think they know everything and can't be wrong.
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:55 am

Deal with them with your fists???
J. Spiffyman
Serious Business

Postby J. Spiffyman » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:10 pm

He's an engineer; he should be dealing with them with a spring-mass-damper system. Like a sledgehammer.
N_Dragon_Art
Skrull

Postby N_Dragon_Art » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:41 pm

I'm also a spanish minor, so I'll deal with them with a knife.
MT
fancy

Postby MT » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:04 pm

are you learning anything with that course of studies?
Ghost
Octothorpe

Postby Ghost » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:53 pm

HOW TO TAKE ALL THE GOOD JOBS AM I RIGHT

Return to “The Bar.”